Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Waiting is the Hardest Part!

It is raining this afternoon, thunder, lightning, the works! Luckily I did my laundry this morning and had the clothes in the house before the sky exploded. I picked up boxes this weekend, three weeks from today I will be on the road. Even in the laundry mat a woman I had met over a month ago asked me...everyday at lunch they ask me ...my family asks every time they call...my friends keep asking... Where are you going next??? I don't know! We started looking at assignments almost a month ago, everything from Delaware to Oregon, Wisconsin to Texas has been on the table. I wish I had something definitive to say, if not for myself then to put everyone else at ease. I know I will be somewhere, I know that I have options. I can stay in Mansfield, work for another company, or take a school assignment with my current company. I don't mind the asking, I just wish I had a simple answer. "I don't know" seems to elicit looks of fear and questioning. I am convinced part of the adventure is watching all the pieces come together placing me exactly where I am most certainly intended to be. The most amazing thing about the past year are the number of moments when my choice to travel has been re-affirmed . Again and again I meet people in the community, patients at work, make friends and know I am a part of a plan much bigger than my individual experience. I should know by Friday...so stay tuned.

No comments: